Thursday, December 6, 2007

Still Hovering

So I am still hovering on SCD...we are doing the caveman diet. It is my son's birthday on Saturday, so we will kick off his 4th year with the intro diet on Sunday. In the meantime, I have developed an arsenal of "legal" foods he likes for after the intro.

I made almond butter brownies into cupcakes and made dairy-free swiss meringue frosting for them so that school parties will be a little easier this week. It is one little girl's birthday today and then we are celebrating his birthday at school tomorrow. I am pretty excited about how they came out.

We have been dairy, gluten and soy-free for over a year. It is the grain-free part that is the toughest, but I know it will help him. Actually, he is already doing well on the caveman diet. If you are wondering what that is, I pulled it from Stan Kurtz' website. If you have never visited his site, it is worth a look. Visit it here at http://www.stankurtz.com. He recovered his son and seems like an amazing guy. I think that he has a lot of great things to say about antivirals too. We are pursuing that as well.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

SCD swiss meringue frosting? Do tell ...