Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Keeping on Track

I haven't been blogging in a while...Mr. C got sick and hit a two month regression that was so bad that I had a huge crisis of faith. I have now pulled bananas and honey and things are getting better. I have also pulled eggs, which are one of his IgG foods. He is only a one + for them, so hopefully we can add them back in a few months. He is also a one + for avocadoes, but I am still letting him have one or two a week. (He will eat a whole one in a sitting.)

This means that my scd lunchbox looks different these days. Letting go of the bananas almost broke my heart. Seriously.

Today, I sent meatballs, applesauce (his only remaining fruit), and a muffin made of squash, pureed green beans, almond butter and vanilla. It is more of a bread-like muffin than a cupcake, since there is no honey in it. He likes them though, so I am grateful. Pecan butter muffins made of squash are also a lifesaver. I added too many veggies and the last batch ended up like goop, but I will remedy that next time...

Things are getting back on track and I am so relieved. Part of my crisis involved me loosening up on a few things, like adding cooked broccoli to his diet, but it has not affected him poorly, so we will keep it in. We are also CRAZY for zucchini noodles - I am making them twice a week. I will post a photo next time... They rock.

On another note, when I was going through my crisis, I spoke to a mom from Washington who works for ARI and has a recovered son...they have been SCD for 3 years. This was a huge boost. I will stay the course.

1 comment:

Mrs. Ed said...

Hello, just found your blog. We're dealing with autism too. It has it's ups and downs. I also have a blog. Now we're in the middle of a great phase, which makes me nervous, I don't want it to end. If my son, age 4, plugs up again it usually takes a couple months to get him back on track. One of our doctors suspected loss of peristalsis (spelling?) and we're giving him something for that and I think the doctor was right. I think that's what put him in this good phase. He's eating much better. Well, best of luck to you all.